Jordan 2006

This blog captures observations during a 2006 trip to Jordan by Craig Campbell as part of the Fulbright-Hays Seminar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Food



Friday night we were taken to eat with members of the U.S. Department of State on a rooftop resturant. I had some very delicious lamb chops, salad, and vegetables.


On Saturday, we had a lunch at the AMIDEAST offices and classrooms between sessions. We had some traditional Jordanian food including haraq usba3o, vegetable stuffed zuchini, and musklan.


Saturday night we went to Tanoureen a traditional Arabic resturant. We were served around 20 different dishes that we shared around the table. I cannot remember all of the different dishes, but they were quite tasty. I was full by the time they brought the lamb, beef, and chicken, but I sacrificed for the good of international relations by eating and eating.

I must end this post because a lavish breakfast buffet awaits. I am sure that I will receive a medal of freedom for my sacrifices. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are the cookies?

12:10 PM  
Blogger Craig Campbell said...

The cookies are very good. I have shown restraint :).

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home